October 30, 2007

BKV - Budapest Public Transport System

It was the second time that a tram replacement bus attempted to run me down. I say attempted because I'm 5'10" so there is no way the driver did not see me. They are whipping these monstrosities through limited spaces at such speed that you can't convince me he is in control. This 'gentleman' did a U-turn and the momentum did not allow him to stop as I stepped onto the zebra and turned to see where the sound was coming from. The bus literally hit my arm and pulled me with him a step. Very frightening. I took this photo of him when he finally stopped at the curb where he was in such a hurry to. Pretends not to notice anything. I guess everybody has to feel important somewhere, but the people who do behind the wheel (especially of such large vehicles) simply scare me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Isadora what a terrible experience for you! People like that shouldn't even have a driver's license much less drive a bus.

Thank you so much for the uplifting words on my blog. They really touched me. (hug!)

FĂ©nix - Bostonscapes said...

If the local newspaper has a blog or similar where readers can upload photos or videos, go ahead and send the pic. That jerk deserves it.

Isadora said...

Since this is not a singular incident, I've witnessed far worse (driver refusing to lower the handycapped ramp (it would take too long and the bus is packed, behind schedule); while opening a door a foreign passenger did not know he was in the door's path and was smashed - there was blood and he would not even acknowldge) I'm convinced they hire only impotent men who need to feel powerful. Makes for a dangerousn situation.