October 11, 2007

Doctor's Visit



Not sure why, but most Budapest buildings have a very high 'ground floor'. Both my apartment and my daughters requires you to go up a flight of stairs in order to get to the lobby. These stairs must be climbed in order to get to the 6th district Health Care Facility on Csengery u. As it was late afternoon that I got there, unfortunately there is nobody on the stairs - but you can well imagine the ill and elderly. There is an elevator in the building, however, and notice the thoughtful tracks for wheelchair access. (The Psychiatric Care Institute is across the street in an equally dismal building but with only a few steps up! :)

3 comments:

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

The wheelchair ramp looks too steep. Yeah, what a pain.

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Have you set your site feed options to "full" in Blogger? I can't add your blog to my Google Reader because it's not getting the feed.

Isadora said...

Honestly, I don't understand any of the RSS things but let me check - there was something I've seen among the settings about short or full. Could it be? Then I'll be back with questions :)

Forgive me for not having responded to your wonderful letter - but I will. It's been a flurry here.